Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Ellen Thommesen Ozark String Band

"April 26, 2011 marked the first and final performance of the now legendary Ellen Thommesen Ozark String Band." 
This was the last weekly assignment for my photo class. For the assignment, four of use got together in my backyard to make this photo. The image was made by leaving the shutter open for a minute or two in total darkness. Someone then shot Ellen with a hand-held flash with a yellow gel over it. When that was completed, we drew some music notes with a flashlight. There were a variety of set-ups with different colored lights, set-ups, and instruments before we came to this one. Before last week, I had never played with this style of photography. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but look forward to improving on some of techniques (and my music note-drawing skills.)

Lighting Diagram

No comments:

Post a Comment